Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher SupaTrak problem!

I purchased a 127mak on the SupaTrak mount.  It came without instructions but it seemed very simple to assemble (perhaps I missed something).  I have since found some instructions online and I think I put it together correctly.  I found when I plugged it all together and pressed a few buttons on the handset there was hardly any movement going on at all.....I assumed the mount must be faulty.  the dealer giving excellent service shipped out a replacement head, and now I assume I must have done something wrong because I've got the exact same thing (nothing) with htis one.  I am using the 8xAA batts so I didn't expect too much but I get nothing.  I used brand new Duracell batteries.  I can only assume I have done something wrong in assembly or I am doing something wrong to the handset......I am sure there must be owners on here who can put me right?  Thanks so much for all the advice on here already!

Regards

dave

10 minutes ago, davekelley said:

I purchased a 127mak on the SupaTrak mount.  It came without instructions but it seemed very simple to assemble (perhaps I missed something).  I have since found some instructions online and I think I put it together correctly.  I found when I plugged it all together and pressed a few buttons on the handset there was hardly any movement going on at all.....I assumed the mount must be faulty.  the dealer giving excellent service shipped out a replacement head, and now I assume I must have done something wrong because I've got the exact same thing (nothing) with htis one.  I am using the 8xAA batts so I didn't expect too much but I get nothing.  I used brand new Duracell batteries.  I can only assume I have done something wrong in assembly or I am doing something wrong to the handset......I am sure there must be owners on here who can put me right?  Thanks so much for all the advice on here already!

Regards

dave

You probably haven't set the tracking speed on the handset.  Pressing "GUIDE" + "SLOW" together then either "GUIDE" "SLOW" or "FAST" gives you 1x, 4x or 8x slew rates. Pressing "GUIDE" + "FAST" then GUIDE, SLOW or FAST gives 32x, 64x or 800x slew rates.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I have tried everything, I have read the instructions and I have followed what Peter suggested.....I just get no response from this thing.  I did try a 12v adapter in the original mount in case it was a battery pack issue but still just nothing.  I'm baffled and I feel like an idiot!!  

Clear skies,

Dave

On 20/05/2019 at 18:59, davekelley said:

Thanks guys.  I have tried everything, I have read the instructions and I have followed what Peter suggested.....I just get no response from this thing.  I did try a 12v adapter in the original mount in case it was a battery pack issue but still just nothing.  I'm baffled and I feel like an idiot!!  

Clear skies,

Dave

When you power up the mount are any of the buttons on the handset lit or flashing ?