Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASI 120MC Filter Question.

pbyrne

Hi all

With the sun out I decided to attempt some solar imaging.  I have the ASI 120MC, I was using a Herschel Wedge and Baader Solar Continuum Filter.  I thought that I could attach the filter to the camera, but it was too small for the threads on the nose piece.  Do I need an adapter or is it not possible to attach the filter?

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Edited by pbyrne

You should be able to screw the 1.25 Baader filter directly into the black 1.25 nosepiece that comes with the camera.

Is that what you attempted to do?

You are not trying to screw it directly into the actual camera are you?

Tony

Hi Tony

I attempted to screw it into the nose piece of the wedge that enters the scope.  It appears that the filter is just a little too small, therefore, the threads will not engage.  I can move the filter side to side in the nose piece with ease.  I tried to attach the camera nose piece to my Baader Hyperion zoom 1.25" adapter with the same result.  I can't understand it, there is no information online that says the filter will not attach to the camera.

Ah well.  I will attempt some imaging without the filter and see how it goes.

Paul