Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Work in progress; IC 410 / NGC 893

glennbech

Auriga an excellent target now days high above the horizon and well placed in the opposite direction of a city polluting the sky.

I had a real bad "all nighter" due to a faulty DSUSB shutter controller. It seems that the plug entering the unit has developed some slack, causing the shutter not to work, even if the the unit seems to be working fine.

On the upside I got EQMOD up and running with 3 star alignment, landing perfect goto's from the comfort of my living room while to eqipment is on the garage roof :hello2: All I need now is a more sensitive guide cam (for aster guide scope)

I got about 1 hour 7 minute subs of the nebula. If weather permits (it looks like it) I'll go back tonight.

This less known nebula is very close to the more famous flaming star nebula and measures 55' by 30'. NGC 1931, a small bright nebula 8' x 7' is also the the proximity, I might have to point my Newtonian at it.

10426_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived