Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WiFi problem?

Ronclarke

I have used my SW WiFi module with the SynScan Pro app most of this year without a problem.

Last night I set up as normal, got connected OK but when I tried an Alignment, nothing happened (the mount never moved although the app carried on!)

I tried it a few times without success. If I aim at a named star, a DSO or a planet it goes to it without a problem?

So has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying to delete the app and reload with out success too!

Thanks

Ron

Hi Ron,

The only time I have had a similar problem is when ,using Windows Synscan App Pro, I was trying to align via CDC and Synscan App Pro ignored it as it was further than x degree's away. But I suspect you were doing a 1,2, or 3 star alignment via the Synscan App Pro which is something slightly different.  There also seems to be a problem with Alignment with Windows Synscan App v 1.14/1.15 which is also on Android version. Obviously switching off ALL power and starting again should reset any Wifi problems unless your Wifi was having interference but then you would have intermittent problems with any command.

If it was me I wouldn't have deleted the software but just tried again after powering off - count to 60 - power on - still fails maybe then delete Synscan App - which on windows version is just delete the folder. Means you will have to input Location again ! 

Hi mate, I managed to get on the Skywatcher website and download a newer version of the app. 

I deleted the old app but need to set my gear up and see how this acts.

I'll let you know what happens..

Ron (late of Cranwell!)