M81/82

whatablanker

This is a really beautiful example of these objects! Love the colours

I showed this to someone who isn't into our hobby and they freaked out ?

Well done

David

I have had a good play with the colour module on Startools and I hope you'd agree that this looks much better there isn't the strange star colours. I did use CS6 to finish it off.
I think I have lost some detail in the arms but that is a sacrifice I have had to make to get the colour balance better.

47702613822_84c15cf59d_k.jpg

1 hour ago, whatablanker said:

I have had a good play with the colour module on Startools and I hope you'd agree that this looks much better there isn't the strange star colours. I did use CS6 to finish it off.
I think I have lost some detail in the arms but that is a sacrifice I have had to make to get the colour balance better.

47702613822_84c15cf59d_k.jpg

To be helpful, and not critical, I prefer the first image as this new one looks very red and there's a loss of other colours. Also, the cores of the galaxies look washed out. The first image in this post was really good ?

David

2 hours ago, David_L said:

To be helpful, and not critical, I prefer the first image as this new one looks very red and there's a loss of other colours. Also, the cores of the galaxies look washed out. The first image in this post was really good ?

David

Thanks David. I don't know if you have noticed on the original one there are a some strange colour issues on the stars that a few people have commented on. This was an attempt to rectify them. Thanks for the comment. The galaxies on the first one are far better I think.

Archived