Never do a tango with an Eskimo...

tooth_dr

...well at least not during a full moon.  Terrible conditions - with mist/haze, could barely see only but the brightest stars.  This was really a test to see how to get my Atik to focus on the 250px, and to see if guiding with a guidescope works.  In short I needed an extension, so with FW etc this should be all good.   I've my MPCC spacing sorted so will be good to go with better stars next time.  Guiding seems poor (2"/px) and with imaging at 0.93"/px I'm going to have to look at this.  I might try a longer guidescope, or an OAG.

Six minutes gets you this.  It's small.  60s x 6 at -25oC, no calibration.

St-avg-360.0s-SC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RL-noMBB_2ndLNC_it1-lpc-St.jpg

Hard to win in tough conditions.  I was out too, but only really to drift align the mount and check OAG guiding performance.   No EEVA, but I did gather some frames on NGC 2403... not looked at them yet!

I always find  Caldwell 39 one of those very bright nebula but so far away and small that it requires a little bit more planning.

Easy to overexpose and hard to get the detail due to its small size.

For 6 minutes. All I can say is centering would frame it better ;) Otherwise, not a bad shot for such a difficult subject at 6 mins. :)

Well done.

Dave.

2 minutes ago, Star101 said:

I always find  Caldwell 39 one of those very bright nebula but so far away and small that it requires a little bit more planning.

Easy to overexpose and hard to get the detail due to its small size.

For 6 minutes. All I can say is centering would frame it better ;) Otherwise, not a bad shot for such a difficult subject at 6 mins. :)

Well done.

Dave.

Cheers Dave. I don’t think I could have got it more central lol 

I managed 15 x 600s grabs of M106 last night, the seeing was horrible, wispy clouds all over the place, guiding was  bad with 2000mm fl in those conditions, was tempted to night but similar conditions so going to wait until we get some better nights.

Archived