Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astroberry Nikon D5000 Shutter release problems

simondodd

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem getting my astroberry setup. I can connect to the mount and guide camera and I can connect to the main part of my nikon but for some reason I can't get it to see the shutter release thingy. It's the shoestring USB-Serial thing. I managed to get it to work once but ever since then it has failed...

I've tried not auto connecting and then setting the port to /dev/ttyusb1 DSUSB and a few other ones but with no luck so far. It keeps coming back with an error saying it can't see it. Then when I disconnect and try to reconnect it says the INDI server has crashed so I have to stop and releaunch it to try again...

Any ideas on what I can try next before I take the drastic measure of reflashing the SD card and starting again with it all...?

Thanks in advance ;)

clear skies!

Yep, it's supported. I got it to work once... Literally took one picture and since then it hasn't worked for some reason... The problem is I can't remember the settings I used to get it to work that first time! haha

OK so I've hit the dreaded capitalisation issue again! It's CASE SENSITIVE! haha, so it's /dev/ttyUSB1 I'm now getting a different error, it's just saying failed to capture rather than failed to open serial port... 

Archived