NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera Connection

Hello

I've been successfully using my Altair GPCAM2 290C connected to my laptop for a couple of months. Now I have an old ish second hand pc in the garage running Windows 7. I've downloaded and installed Altair Capture but the programme doesn't seem to see the camera. Windows Device Manager can see the camera and the red light flashes on the camera but it doesn't appear in the Altair Capture Camera List. 

Could anyone advise where I need to start my troubleshooting please. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Altair Capture to no avail. SP1 is installed.

Thanks

Regards

Graeme

Did you download the Altair capture software before connecting the camera? I've recently purchased an Altair myself and it specifically mentions not to connect the camera until this is downloaded or it won't function. I'd recommend uninstalling the software and the drivers from the PC and then installing this way just to be sure it's not this.

14 hours ago, Graeme1858 said:

Thanks for that. 

Yes, I read that too. And I was doubly sure after uninstalling and installing again.

I'm guessing uninstalling the programme will uninstall the drivers as well for a clean install?

The camera might be listed as an "unknown device" in device manager and then uninstall the camera drivers from there. Reinstall the drivers and capture software and the camera should work.

Fixed it!

There was a Windows.old folder on the hard drive which had the drivers in and I deleted it before another install attempt. It works now!

Thanks anyway. I'm off to set up for some full Moon imaging tonight.

Regards

Graeme

Archived