Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stacking Problem

Not quite sure were to post this so please move if its in the wrong place.

I had recently been watching U Tube about the Zwo 178 camera i was thinking of getting the mono version. Anyway my wife must of noticed because she ordered one

using my credit card ,but I wont complain about that, She knows I always hum and har about my purchases  The point is I tried it out the other night on the moon, it was a bit overcast but the avi files were reasonably good.

So tried stacking in Registax 6 then Registax 5 then autostacker only one file would load. I have had this problem in the past and just stored those avi files on a spare hard drive. This time I referred to the internet and it came up with an old post on this forum

which suggested a freeware program called Virtualdub this converts the avi file to one the stacking programs recognise. I did this and all my files now load so any one having problems loading avi files into Registax I would recommend downloading  the

program Virtualdub. As a test I loaded a file from September 2015 and this picture

is the result its always good when a problem is solved.

One point if you do download it make sure it is from the genuine site. 

Sun Redone 15-04-19 from 29-09-2015--.jpg

Archived