Markarians Chain

astro mick

459382703_MarkariansChain2.thumb.png.7831c03417201f50ccff2d176a703bd0.pngHi.

I had a small window on Saturday night as i knew cloud was comming in.I decided to try and image M87 as it has been in the news lately.

Thinking i was on target a sixty second exposure told me i was not on M87,but a rather nice grouping of Galaxies instead.Not realising i had stumbled across Markarians Chain,i thought i would have  a go at imaging it.

Because of the Moon i had to limit my exposures to 300 secs, even then it showed up all my dust bunnies.

In the end i only managed to get a total of 2hrs before clouded out.It is an LRGB image,but with very little data.

I did calibrate with bias and flats.

I would like to come back to this now i know its there.

Always something new to learn.

Cheers.

Mick.

Markarian,s Chain.png

Looking good, it has a slight reddish hue viewing on my iPad, but that may be my device rather than anything inherent in the image.

I have also ended up imaging a different target rather than than the one I intended, there is so much stuff in certain regions of the sky, it’s easily done.

I would also like to image M87 given it’s new found celebrity status, but it is now moving behind the patio porch by the time it is properly dark so I think it has eluded me for this season.

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Looking good, it has a slight reddish hue viewing on my iPad, but that may be my device rather than anything inherent in the image.

I have also ended up imaging a different target rather than than the one I intended, there is so much stuff in certain regions of the sky, it’s easily done.

I would also like to image M87 given it’s new found celebrity status, but it is now moving behind the patio porch by the time it is properly dark so I think it has eluded me for this season.

Yep its easily done.

Thanks for the comment,and will have a look for the colour cast.

Cheers.

Mick.

Archived