asi 1600 or atik 414 ex for ts 100 quad

I am no expert but I think the 1600 would suit better...the 414EX would under sample more than the 1600. Someone with a lot more knowledge than me will be able to confirm and give better info :)

ASI1600 because of the much larger sensor and also the smaller pixels.
I had the first version of the 100Q, it seems they have switched the focuser now and made som other small visual changes.
If you want a motor focuser for it avoid the USB_Focus TS suggests.
It's total crap, mine had missing screws, nonfitting parts, nonworking drivers (driver reported wrong step number from time to time) and no help from the manufacturer at all.
I know 2 other people with bad experiences with the same focusers.

On 12/04/2019 at 08:00, Kaliska said:

I use the ASI1600 with my TSQ100 and it works very well indeed.   The focuser, i can highly recommend the Sharpsky Pro, it's not missed a beat since i installed it 14 months ago.

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

lovely setup do you have any images with this setup cheers

These are the only ones i feel are worth posting so far, still working on the Crescent Nebula with other filters (SII and OIII), but learning this game is pretty demanding at times :) as I've only been doing it for 18months now.

Archived