NGC 2070 Ha

Benklerk

Been a while since a last posted. Weather and heat has been a problem for months.

NGC 2070 Hydrogen Alpha only

The Tarantula Nebula has an apparent magnitude of 8. Considering its distance of about 160,000 light-years away, this is an extremely luminous non-stellar object. The nebula resides on the leading edge of the Large Magellanic Cloud. The Tarantula Nebula got its name because its glowing filaments of dust resemble the legs of a spider. It is a giant starburst region where the energy from the bright, hot young stars creates huge voids and filaments in the surrounding clouds of gas.

HEQ5 Pro Belt mod
GSO 6 RC
ZWO 1600mm Ha 
11 x 10min = 110 min

NGC 2070.jpg

12 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Really bright! Nice!

It looks a little bit noisy. Have you calibrated the subs? I know this camera can produce cleaner results. Still a nice capture.

Yes I have Calibrated the subs from 100 darks, 100 flats and 100 bias.  But mind you, its only 11 subs.

4 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Have you tried without the bias? It doesn't produce a good bias. Flat darks to calibrate the flats are recommended instead of bias.

Edit: Just thinking. Did you really shoot 100 x 10 minute darks?!!!

I did shoot 100 10min darks, took a few days. But I only do it twice a yr. I tried it without bias and it looked worse. I’ll shoot dark flats later on. But I really think the 1600mm on the 6” is to much for it. I noticed a lot of my images are soft compared to my 071 where they are sharp. I do use a auto focuser.

Archived