Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The SPA Convention 2019 at Cambridge last Saturday

Cjg

I struggled a little at this event, despite it being only an hour from home, the Friday night was clear and so was at Seething until late, arrived at Cambridge slightly too late to get into the first talk, this proved to be costly as the WideScreen Centre  had a very tempting display and "show prices" for the day. 

The talks I attended were excellent - the Pluto Story by Prof Ian Robson gave an insider view of the politics and shenanigans behind the IAU's decision making.

New Horizons in the Solar System was excellent, and was followed by a talk from Prof Ian Crawford of Birkbeck on 'The scientific legacy of Apollo and the case for renewed exploration of the moon'.  Tiredness and a thick head from a late night had set in and I ad to forgo hearing from Monica Grady; there's a video of the talk at 

All in all was a well organised event, that sold out, so if you get the opportunity to attend next time, think it worth the trip.image.thumb.png.867524d355538d469a66bed749078bc3.png

Archived