Mac help - first imaging attempt thwarted at the first hurdle

Hi all

A few nights ago I had my first serious attempt at imaging with my Star Adventurer. Long story short but I can’t seem to get my MacBook to open the NEF files from my camera (Nikon raw image files). They download as thumbnails but I can’t open or view them and can’t download them to stacker software. 

Any ideas ?

You haven't provided much information but I know even the latest Z NEF files seem to work OK in Sequator and DSS in Windows. I've only given DSS a quick look as I don't use it for DSLR images. I notice it doesn't mention Z NEFs on the DSS DCraw page but they open and seem to stack on my version 4.1.1

For ordinary processing try Nikon NX-D and if all else fails then convert to DNG or Tif if you really have to.

I think you'll have to check if your laptop has the correct codecs as I though NEF files opened automatically on modern OS MACs ?

Dave.

Archived