NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First time out with the Starsense for Skywatcher Mount

First outing with the Star sense for skywatcher Mount thought it would make a nice addition to the Mewlon 

after conecting up all the extras such as GPS time to switch on the system checks everything is connected and moves on to the selection of axis I selected the ALT-AZ it then 

starts to Colect it’s star field plates does this for around 4 manovers and says set up complete and Starsense ready so I select Mars and enter it spins away and places Mars just of centre of my 32 Panoptic a nice bonus the international space station passed right by and I got a marvellous close up view of it amazing tried several deep space objects in different directions whirlpool galaxy and pin wheel galaxy again well placed in the Eyepice high cloud prevented much more observing so time to pack up so far very pleased with the set up .

9A64DBE1-B30F-4819-AEAE-D60CD00E422D.jpeg

9576F167-47E4-4DD6-B0A9-29D712F40BA0.jpeg

I'm sure the StarSense will be a useful addition to your setup Garry.  I had one for a while and I was amazed every time it went through its brief setup routine and then centred objects spot on every time - great for daytime use too.  :smile:

6 hours ago, paulastro said:

I'm sure the StarSense will be a useful addition to your setup Garry.  I had one for a while and I was amazed every time it went through its brief setup routine and then centred objects spot on every time - great for daytime use too.  :smile:

Yes Paul I had the previous version for Celestron mounts glad this works as well although a few to many cables for my liking 

Archived