Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 4027/ ARP 22 in Corvus

elpajare

NGC 4027 (also known as Arp 22) is a barred spiral galaxy approximately 83 million light-years away in the constellation Corvus. It is also a peculiar galaxy because one of its spiral arms goes out more than the other. This is probably due to a galactic collision in NGC 4027's past. (Wikipedia)

TSOptics RC 8" + Risingcam IMX294+Risingtech software

10x25" gain max+DFC+Startools postprocess

Notes: All the parameters of the capture software are by default except that I have done a White Balance and I have applied Darks. The camera is not refrigerated and the shot was made with the chip at 14ºC. The processing with Startools lasts a couple of minutes and I make basic adjustments of color, background noise and light. I will be delighted to hear reviews that can improve the result

NGC 4027 ARP 22 GX CORVUS 10X25 TSO8+IMX294.jpg

Thaks to all for comment

One of my main objectives when I look at the sky is to capture the greatest detail of the object's color. Startools helps a lot with the tool of balance of color so that the final result is as faithful as possible to the original.

Archived