Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stand alone focus software

red dwalf

Couldn't get on with SGpro to well and ask happy with my current method of doing things but I would like some software, ideally stand alone, that can control my Pegasus focus cube ascom focuser and auto focus the stars for me like in SGpro, anything available ?

Cheers

Hello  red dwalf,

I know the focusMax http://www.ccdware.com/products/focusmax/

But is is not for free..  And another important note, STAND ALONE software are sometimes limited to function with other softwares, and the Focus Max works only with.

FocusMax works seamlessly with MaxImDL v5 and V6, CCDSoft V5,TheSkyX Professional Camera Add On and Nebulosity V4. (More platforms coming.)

Regards

Martin

Hmm.. what exactly does not work in SGP?

I also checked few standalone options, - all very old and none of them worked... so I do not remember the names...

as per SGP autofocus routine, - your focus has to be very close, to run it... 

Before each session I run SharpCap Bahtinov focusing tool with Luminance filter and only after, I switch to SGP.

I have made offsets for each filter in relation to L and turned on re-focus on L once temp changes 1C (in my case it has quite an impact) -  all works fine.

P.S. 

Also, I created temperature offset, SGP has quite a nice tool for that.

Archived