Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpcap help please

Hi folks

It's been quite a while since I was on here last.....had to get cataract surgery etc.    I am hoping to get set up again  starting with some lunar shots.  I have a ZWO 120MC and just installed Sharpcap,,,had some computer glitches so I uninstalled Firecapture  With that camera do I use RAWB....then turn debayer off when I capture....or?

Thank you

Cheers

Roger

I use a zwo color camera with sharpcap. My settings are RAW16 and debayer preview on. The 120 might not have 16-bit option(?), so if that is not offered then go for RAW8, that way you won't lose anything through compression.

Not sure if your version of Sharpcap will have this (it may be a paid-for feature), but I find the live-stacking feature to be brilliant. You can still save the individual subs if you want, but it automatically stacks each frame as it arrives (with dark/flat) and it allows you to make histogram adjustments as you go along. At the end you can save the stack and/or the image you have created as you go along. I have found that this can all be a great time (and diskspace) saver. Just something with which you might like to play ...

Thank you very much........

The version I have is 3.2 and does have Raw16.  If I capture with debayer on.....could then debayer in Registax (?)

Will have to try your other suggestion once I get going....

Very much appreciated....again...thanks

Cheers

Roger 

Archived