Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tripod collar for the Samyang 135mm f/2 (Fuji, Sony, MFT)

Hey all,

I spent a lot of time trying to find a tripod collar for my Samyang 135mm. I'm using the mirrorless version, which means the back of the lens has some kind of flat spacer. 

The lens being quite heavy, using a lens collar for a better balance is very tempting, but sadly I couldn't find one with the right diameter.

At last, I found this report of a lens collar that works with the Samyang. It's made by Novoflex for one of their adaptors: https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-637/lens-adapters/adapter-collar-mounts/adapter-collar-mounts-products/ASTAT-NEX_en.html

It's a bit pricey ($99), but the build quality is excellent. The collar is quite thin, and seems very solid. The base is Arca-Swiss compatible, and has tripod holes (1/4" and 3/8"). It is compatible with the Fujifilm mount, as well as Sony and M4/3 mounts.

Just wanted to share this, information on this topic being quite rare :) 

sam135.jpg.ad52e9bcef1a9887a23024758a14591d.jpg

Archived