Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can I ask people to just post a CR2 or RAW Flat?

Spacehead

Hi All,

I'm needing to do a final check on my camera to see if it has a problem.

Would any people be kind enough to upload a single cr2 or raw flat for me - one they think is a good one so I can compare.

I'd like quite a few samples from different cameras it would really help me out (canon models or raw from others) - not too worried about that.

Cheers all.

12 hours ago, RolandKol said:

F_Flats_9502_ISO200_Auto__6C.CR2         
Have fun - Canon 1300D (no mod)
I hope all fine on your side

Thanks Roland - here is your flat with saturation taken down to nothing.  You can see the rings in the flat - it was these I was worrying about in my own flats.
Are you happy with your flat there?  If so - I will assume my camera is working fine as it produces the same rings.
(I was going to ditch the camera!!! now if youre happy your flats work - i can keep it!!)
Thanks again for taking the time to post for me.

stgsub1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Spacehead said:

Thanks Roland - here is your flat with saturation taken down to nothing.  You can see the rings in the flat - it was these I was worrying about in my own flats.
Are you happy with your flat there?  If so - I will assume my camera is working fine as it produces the same rings.
(I was going to ditch the camera!!! now if youre happy your flats work - i can keep it!!)
Thanks again for taking the time to post for me.

Hmmm,

Actually, I have never noticed any rings in the final result... 
My main cam is ASi now, so I am not concerned about my Canon At all....

You can find some images done with my Canon 1300D here https://www.flickr.com/photos/154881882@N05/with/44819204355/ (they are mixed up with ASI images)

They are not very nice as I was just starting/experimenting, but I could not trace any concentric banding as you have shown in the other topics....

1300D is not the best cam for AP for sure, but it did a good job as a cheap start up cam :) at least for me.

34 minutes ago, Spacehead said:

***You can see the rings in the flat - it was these I was worrying about in my own flats.

P.S.

In fact... I cannot see any rings even on your print screen....

at least nothing even close to so obvious ones you had in other topics....

the problem with 1300D is that it is always taken up as a new starter's cam, - you will not find any pro/experienced person using it and giving a proper advice on it....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived