NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik driver problem

rubecula

The other night the 383L+ and EFW2 would not connect via SGPro. I had recently tidied up the cabling so that's where I started. After an hour faffing with cables to no avail I did an on-line search and discovered that it maybe a driver issue. After another hour working out how to update the drivers and then doing it, all worked again.  I had been using the latest drivers.
I had not done any windows update between it working and not working.

It seems odd that software that worked 3 days previously stopped working. Some advice please:
Is there any way of stopping this happening again?
Are there any pointers to quickly determining that it's a driver problem?
What is the correct and quickest way to update drivers?

I have put this question on the Atik forum but so many issues on there have been unanswered so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks

You don't state which version of Windows you're using, but any version can sometimes get it undies twisted, especially if devices are plugged in\out too quickly as the system takes time to correctly identify what has been un-plugged & plugged back in again, even if its to the same sockets....

The quickest way to update, the unrecognised devices, would be using device manager, and right-clicking on the unknown device and select update driver...

If you're powering up the Atik gear before the computer it will cause issues, just doing a Windows restart sorts it out! 

Think it's because a couple of Artemis (Atik) processes need to be running before the camera/filter wheel are detected by windows. 

Thanks Guys, it could have been because I powered up the Atik gear before connecting the PC.  I have a power supply unit connected directly to a distribution box on the OTA that supplies all the kit and I sometimes switch that on before connecting the PC to the kit.

I'll be careful to ensure I always do it the other way round.

Thanks

Archived