NGC 3718

I've not heard of this one before (but immediately looked it up in Stellarium!)   Fascinating DSO and I'm impressed by your patiences - 106x300s!  8 hours plus a bit more.  The companions TinyFuzzies are fascinating too...

I will be sure to point my scope in that direction next time the clouds clear.  Thanks for the inspiration!

19 minutes ago, mikey2000 said:

I've not heard of this one before (but immediately looked it up in Stellarium!)   Fascinating DSO and I'm impressed by your patiences - 106x300s!  8 hours plus a bit more.  The companions TinyFuzzies are fascinating too...

I will be sure to point my scope in that direction next time the clouds clear.  Thanks for the inspiration!

It is a lovely galaxy. Even with over 8 hours exposure time I'm still really struggling with the amount of noise in my images. 

Does anyone know if a light pollution filter would help with noise? 

A very nice image Geordie, The core of the galaxy as a lovely colour balance which the Flt98 is renowed for. The starfield looks a little biased in the blue so maybe a little tweek here and there. Regarding noise in the image I think its down to moisture in the atmosphere still a great image though.

11 hours ago, morimarty said:

A very nice image Geordie, The core of the galaxy as a lovely colour balance which the Flt98 is renowed for. The starfield looks a little biased in the blue so maybe a little tweek here and there. Regarding noise in the image I think its down to moisture in the atmosphere still a great image though.

Thanks, I'll give it another go at some point to see if I can't rectify the star colours. 

5 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

A nice shot of two rarely-imaged (as far as I can see) galaxies.

Thanks. I've not seen too many images of it on here either. They are both quite small. I had to do quite a considerable crop due to alignment crossover 

Archived