NGC281 Pacman Nebula

Brian28

Here's my Pacman Nebula attempt ..  2hrs 30 min -180 sec subs .. using QHY163C.. so not loads of data .

im pleased BUT  ! ?,  I've seen other shots of this subject from you guys on here , where the Nebula has that gassy look,  whispy and light , mine looks more solid / dense , if that makes sense ..  

So , is it  my bad processing ?, not enough subs , Or is it a trait of OSC cameras , as I know that a MONO with RGB filters Increases sensitivity  ..  (I've been told and read ). or have I got this wrong and just talking rubbish ?.. 

Brian 

PacMan Neb more red.jpg

59 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

Well if you could post the "raw" stack, then I wouldn't mind taking a look at what's there. :)

I'm working away till Friday , I can let you have it then . If you message me with your details I will email it over . ?

58 minutes ago, Brian28 said:

I'm working away till Friday , I can let you have it then . If you message me with your details I will email it over . ?

I don't think you can mail it, it should be much too big. But maybe a Dropbox link or something.

1 hour ago, john2y said:

I'd take a look as well, it looks like you went a little too hard with denoising it. What programs did you use?

Photoshop and Lightroom with Astronomy Tools action set 

• 1 month later...

ive been practicing with my processing and had another attempt  at the data for the pacman . I've not added anymore but just processed differently..  

so, taken with my QHY163C through an Orion Optics CT8..  

having loaded this up the colours have not reproduced the same as my iPad copy ..?

Any suggestions ?

Pacman Neb Finished  PS & LR.jpg

Archived