B37 area in Ha

This is my first attempt to capture a "dark".  I already had 6 panels of the Cone and Rosette so last night I added three more panels at the top of this 9 panel mosaic.

I've looked at this on two different computers, and it looks completely different on both of them.  I'd be grateful to get some feedback on the contrast and brightness of the top left, which is where the "dark" is.

The image is 9 panels.  OTA is an FSQ106ED at F3.6.  Camera is STL6303 on an EQ6.  The top 2 left panels (B37, 38 etc) are 9 x 120s binned 2x2.

Comments on the appearance of the image (good and bad) would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

Conewx.jpg

ConeCdC.jpg

Top left part looks ok to me.

Top right panel not quite - seamless transition is lacking in that one - background is not even - probably due to lp, but it clearly shows that that particular panel was added.

41 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Top left part looks ok to me.

Top right panel not quite - seamless transition is lacking in that one - background is not even - probably due to lp, but it clearly shows that that particular panel was added.

Thanks for that.    I'll have a check on my processing PC when I get home to see how it looks there.  I can just about make out a difference on this PC at work.

I think that the uneven background is more to do with my lack of care.  There wasn't much to interest me there.  If I can fix it, then I've learned a very valuable lesson.

17 minutes ago, groberts said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is B37, unfortunately Mr Google wasn't helpful either? 

That's one huge Ha-area above the Rosette, very nice image.

Graham   

Barnard's Catalogue of Dark Objects

It comes up in my Cartes du Ciel if I put "b37" in the search box.

It is the area with far fewer stars in the top left of the image.  There are lots of them, but I've never tried to image one before.  I believe that it is a huge cloud of dust/soot blocking out the stars that lie behind.

Archived