NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with Polar Align

Hi' Can anyone help me out with Polar Align please.At the moment the Pole star on my Polar Align on my app on my phone is showing it is by figure 2.But on PolarFinder on myAstroImages it show's the Pole star much lower down the clock.So which one do i follow Thanks.Mark

37 minutes ago, Taff said:

.At the moment the Pole star on my Polar Align on my app on my phone is showing it is by figure 2.But on PolarFinder on myAstroImages it show's the Pole star much lower down the clock

About half an hour ago (at the time of your post) Polaris should have appeared much lower than 2 o'clock (if i correctly understood what you meant). It should have been between 4 and 5. So, I'd say your others app was more credibile. 

Fabio

23 minutes ago, FaDG said:

About half an hour ago (at the time of your post) Polaris should have appeared much lower than 2 o'clock (if i correctly understood what you meant). It should have been between 4 and 5. So, I'd say your others app was more credibile. 

Fabio

Thanks Fabio' On my phone the Pole star is between figures 3 and 4.Mark.

20 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

If you have Stellarium on a computer you can check against it, centre Polaris and zoom in on it, the app should show it diametrically opposite to the position in Stellarium.

Dave

Thanks Dave' I have Redshift 8 on my laptop.I will check the app on my phone to the Redshift 8 software.Mark

Archived