Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6R PRO assembly

hello everyone!

i just bought the eq6r pro mount and yesterday i started to assembly it! and i have two question about two problems that i ran into:

1) the POWER CABLE CLAMP - for what it good? i dont understand what i need to do with it...

2) the settings circles on the polar scope and on the RA DEC, they are not necessarily if i have an app that tell me where is polaris and where is all the objects that i looking for? because as soon as i know where is polaris (and all the other objects that i want to picture), the database o the hand control will slewq the mount for the object, right? because from my understanding the settings circles are good for the situations that you dont know where are the objects...

thank you very much!!!!

1) I don't know exactly, but it's good practice to secure any plugin lead - power or handbox for instance - with a small loop so that movement of the lead doesn't joggle the connection.

But if you trip over the power lead, do you want to pull the mount over, or just rip the plug out ?

Michael 

8 hours ago, hubble space telescope said:

so its a good thing the power clamp! 

Did I say that.......? Only so long as your power lead doesn't get tripped over in the dark !!

If your mount and ota fall over it could be expensive !

Michael 

I setup the dails after watching a few Utube videos ( astronomyshed ) , even though he uses a eq6, most of it is similar I find, I also had to calibrate the polar scope it’s self as it was slightly out, took me a hour and half! Good job I have patience! 

Archived