SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EAA testing session in the vicinity of Monoceros

Martin Meredith

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just worked through the videos Martin, apart from  demonstrating the tool, it's really fascinating to see someone else at work! I can see how the tool can really help the observer get the most out of the data during (and after) a session and analyse what's there. I have to say I do tend to focus on the showpiece objects, but perhaps I should be looking at the 'extras' in the show more closely. The vids also showcase the usefulness of your Pretty Deep Maps. Nice work. :icon_salut:

• 2 weeks later...

BTW Jocular is currently in test phase, mainly ironing out some cross-platform issues, prior to more general release. If anyone would like to get involved in testing, please PM me. This involves installing Python 3 and a few packages at the present time. Here's a quick intro to the philosophy and some of the features (and limitations!):

intro to jocular.pdf

More 'official' thanks to come, but just to say I really appreciate the sterling efforts of Bill S, London David, Robertl and AKB in testing to date. It is due to them that the tool is migrating from a personal project on a single OSX system to something that I hope might be more widely useful. To date we have versions running on various Windows OS variants too. In principle the tool will also work on Linux but so far this hasn't been tested.

Martin

Archived