Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

If you have a Decathalon Sports Shop near you

Kai

Then take a peek at their Snow Boots , I picked up a set of fleece lined waterproof boots for £9.95 today .They look the absolute biz for the cold evenings and they keep your feet toasty.

I tried to find a link on their website but they are not listed. :D

I bought what were called Moon Boots years ago. I stll have them, they have like a polystyrene inner sock, which you put on first, then slip the boot over it. Both feet of course. Warm as toast however cold it is. Only problem is getting them off again,

I have to get the wife to drag em off, and she hates getting out of bed to do so. :laughing2:

Ron. :D

I bought what were called Moon Boots years ago. I stll have them, they have like a polystyrene inner sock, which you put on first, then slip the boot over it. Both feet of course. Warm as toast however cold it is. Only problem is getting them off again,

I have to get the wife to drag em off, and she hates getting out of bed to do so. :laughing2:

Mine are like that plus they are fur lined, not had to use them yet.....I usually chicken out sitting in the cold and image remotely from a warm house :laughing2: :laughing2: :laughing2:

I bought what were called Moon Boots years ago. I stll have them, they have like a polystyrene inner sock,

Ron. :help:

I ran a ski shop for awhile, and used to sell these....we used to call the polystyrene inner sock a plastic bag. :D

Still very effective boots. As the plastic makes it breathability pretty much non-existant, so less body heat is lost. Being plastic, they're waterproof too. However, because they not breathable, moisture vapour can't escape so they can be really make you sweat! :crybaby:

Google Sorel boots. Much more expensive, but an excellent boot...much nicer to wear. Rubber toe cap & base so your toes are encased, and loads of excellent insulation.

George, I am going back a fair number of years and using Olympus SLR's and film, plus manual guiding. Keeping warm was paramount. :laughing2: Now I'm kitted out with everything to do it all from inside a warm place. Well, I have still about 55 Bricks, and 20 concrete blocks to cement in. Then join it to the obs with a timber corridor. Nearly there though. Won't need the boots. :D

Richard, you're spot on with the sweating. I forgot to mention the plastic shroud that covered the polystyrene sock. I think that plus the sweat was what made it difficult to get them off again. :laughing2:

Ron.

Steve, sorry for nobbling your thread a bit mate. :oops:

Ron, welcome to the world of Gore-Tex :help:.

Tony..

Heh!Heh!, I thought for a minute you had me mixed up with Harold Wilson Tony.

Of course it was Gannex stuff he wore. His overcoat at least.

If Gore-Tex is the cheap tackle, then that's what I will have. I think I have a picture somewhere. Me in a Flying Suit, and those Moon Boots on too. Not a pretty sight, but by heck, I was warm. :laughing2: Good win again for Spurs. Just been watching it.

Archived