Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 1848 Soul Nebula Narrowband

SamAndrew

The weather has been fairly horrific over the last few months in the UK, but I was able to accumulate a reasonable amount of data for this over several nights during January.

The OIII data is fairly weak and suffering from poorer transparency so I ended up using the Ha data as luminance to try and control the noise. Some of the OIII frames didn't line up perfectly either, which has resulted in clipping the nebula on the bottom left (Lesson learnt - I'm using "centre on" feature in SGP now to stop that happening again)

This is the same data set as I posted on Sunday for my take on IC 1871; I've experimented with dozens of different palettes and feel this is my best result so far, HHSO with some selective colour tweaks. It just about stands up at full resolution. I haven't paid much attention to the stars.

All in 5 minute subs:

• 3h10m Ha 
  • 2h30m SII
  • 2h30m OIII

Feedback welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

Sam

IC_1848_HHSO_8h10m_DBE.jpg

Archived