Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question on AVX Tracking

David Hardie

Can I ask you all? For some time I've had my scopes and AVX mount. So far I've only done visual observing using the direction buttons on the handset.

The time has come to set it up properly and I also have a StarSense to experiment with.

So, once it's all set up and calibrated to the night sky, does that mean it will track? For example if I move it to the moon will it continue to track it? I wondered if I had to select the moon from the handset list or slew to it using the buttons and it would track using both these methods?

Also if I was tracking the moon or a planet, can I move to another part of the surface using the buttons and it continues to track?

Cheers. David

Once you have aligned the scope the mount will track. You can move the scope using the handset and the scope will still track. You select objects from the list in the handset and press enter and it will slew to the object but you might need to make adjustments if the alignment is not spot on.

Peter

7 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Once you have aligned the scope the mount will track. You can move the scope using the handset and the scope will still track. You select objects from the list in the handset and press enter and it will slew to the object but you might need to make adjustments if the alignment is not spot on.

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Archived