Chromatic abberation

smr

1167250116_nocoma.thumb.jpg.79acd60a6bebadea0b7a8f8774f7acfc.jpgcoma.thumb.jpg.ad746136117870bbd4926a7d83047996.jpgHi,

With my Z73 I get some CA, purple fringing around stars. Should I remove this before stacking my photos - it would be the only change I make pre-stacking before processing the stacked image. Or should I leave it? If you notice from the two images one shows the image as it is out of camera with purple CA around the stars, if I defringe the purple value by 2 it makes an improvement - but does this affect the colour of the rest of the image? 

How about doing that after the stacking?

Prior to stacking any artifacts that you introduce with this procedure will be compounded by stacking - after stacking you can control how much of it you want to apply

6 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

How about doing that after the stacking?

Prior to stacking any artifacts that you introduce with this procedure will be compounded by stacking - after stacking you can control how much of it you want to apply

Good idea, thanks.

Archived