The Witch Broom

Ceph

I took this picture 2 years ago and it has been in the editing bench so many times
Back then I used a Canon 750D which I had to replace as it gives 7 broad not wanted lines on the pictures, mainly on the blue channnel
I lives in a light polluted area and back then I used no CLS filter which I have started to use this year.
Its a shame that I didnt use that filter from the very start, but hey it is good to learn something new every now and then. The last week I think I managed to
bring forth as much as I cold from this nebula with the given conditions.

Canon 750D
Sky-Watcher-Explorer-190MN-Pro
Exposures=18x600, 7x300, 4x120 ISO 800 

NGC6960-1280.thumb.jpg.d9e52bd5faf477e1cf6639f1efc176e2.jpg

Thanks Steve.

Actually I have used a little star reduction alreday,  I dont want to go to far with this as I have done on previous attempts, stars looked like dots instead of stars.
But I do agree there are a lot of stars here.

Processed in Pixinsight

WVeil-20170902-3.thumb.jpg.e046ed9c7cdd2f51a68d5d5568935deb.jpg

I liked the second one from the start as well, but the fact that the stars looks like they are carbonated and given opinons from others I change my mind.
This is a star infested area so what is wrong and right? Removing the stars, accept them?
I tried to decide if the pic really is that bright or is it the stars the gives the lights, thinking about it, imagen yourself the pic without stars.
Yes it is a  bright, but darkening this picture taken from a light polluted area and with haze and with a DSLR camera will remove the not so bright nebolosity areas shown below.
Maybe there are other ways to keep the hardly seen nebulosity and not destroying the background I just dont know.

Witch.JPG.8578ceeadeb402ed2add11fa61afbbeb.JPG

Archived