NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMod & INDI?

TheMan

I own the AZ-GTi and a have a full setup up and running on its eq-mode. I heard that EQMod worked with the az-gti if it went through INDI which is only compatible with Linux. Is there any way I can use INDI on windows to get EQMod working on this mount?

You can run on Windows with software called windi, it’s a virtual machine to bridge INdI and Ascom drivers, but not sure how good it is.

The best way is to run INdI on an rpi at your mount and then Kstars / Ekos on your windows laptop and connect to the rpi wireless hotspot and control that way, the rpi just acts as a type of server for all the kit to be connected too, and has all the INdI drivers on and indiserver, so does not need to be very powerful, there are many of us on here that run out kit this way, it’s getting very popular, it removes all the USB, and Ascom issues that typically plague us all at some point.. :)

Archived