WO 0.8x FF/R II and filters

Karlo,

I can confirm I have the reducer you linked to above and have managed to get the LP filter threaded on the end. I had to use a little lithium grease but I think I was just being a bit apprhensive after getting the last filter stuck!

So yup nothing else needed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would have to fit a SCT to 2" push fit adapter on the back of a WO66 or 72FD then fit a filter to the 2" nose piece part of the focal reducer. I haven't used my 66SD that much and I initially bought my FF/FR MkII for my 80mm Antares and I may not have tried using it with 2" filters on my 66SD.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Karlo,

I don't now if anyone has mentioned it but there were 2 versions of the Flattener II. Yours is the older first version, the later (current) one has the extra detachable 2in nosepiece for use in other scopes and this is the internally threaded bit.

See following quote from WO:

'It now boasts a removable 2" nosepiece and rotating function. '

If you've just got this, it must be old stock as I've had one of the later ones since early February this year. I don't think the ZS66 will come to focus with an extra 2in nosepiece on the flattener.

Sorry if this is bad news.

Mark

Archived