Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO 0.8x FF/R II and filters

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on another site:

The reducer came well packaged in a black box with padding inside designed for long-term use. The reducer comes attached to a 2" focuser adapter, which has a conic section so if you put it into a standard set screw focuser like on the back of a Celestron 80ED, the collar will pull itself in tight against the back of the focuser for perfect alignment. The front end of the collar accepts standard 48mm thread filters used with 2" sized astronomical eyepieces.

You should've had a 2" nosepiece come with the FFII Karlo, mine did. I'm going the PsychoBilly route and should be the proud owner of a Borg sct 2" filter adapter and a Hutech IDAS lps filter V2 on saturday :D

Just noticed your pics and your FFVII is different to mine.

Ooops, no 2" nose piece ! This screws onto the SCT thread on the back of the 66 focuser, so I'm guessing I'll need a short 2" nose piece that has both filter threads AND a thread for the focuser ?

Karlo, the SCT adapter and 2" nose piece are interchangeable. So the kit should consist of three pieces.

Regards

Now I am a little concerned about my WO Reducer. I have the same model but only have 2 bits, thats all that fits in the box. I checked and could not really get the filter to screw into the nosepiece. I got it on by a couple of threads but it's not what I expected. It does however slot right into the 2" Visual back so I am not sure if i am missing something :D I had assumed that it would be DSLR - Reducer - 2"Nospiece - Filter - 2" Visual back but as I say the filter is not easy to screw into the nosepiece.

Piccies that might just help.

(click to enlarge)

10200_normal.jpeg

66 and thread

(click to enlarge)

10201_normal.jpeg

66 and FF/R

(click to enlarge)

10202_normal.jpeg

Antares 2" SCT adapter

(click to enlarge)

10203_normal.jpeg

Antares nosepiece and FF/R

(click to enlarge)

10204_normal.jpeg

Wo push fit +2"nosepiece +FF/R

(click to enlarge)

10205_normal.jpeg

All of it on the scope but won't achieve focus! :D

(click to enlarge)[/center

I'd love to think that the Borg Sandwhich would work, but when they're is only the FF/R directly onto the 66 the focuser is racked pretty much all the way in to achieve focus .

Karlo

Archived