Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FRB's From Where?

I wonder what the source of these "fast radio bursts" are? well if they don't come from an alien civilization out in the reticula system then i'm sure theres a more simpler explanation like an unknown object lol.

And as for this unique radio telescope in B.C. i had no idea it was there, but apparently it is new and, will contribute to our understanding of the universe's structure.

https://phys.org/news/2019-01-canada-chime-telescope-fast-radio.html

13 hours ago, Klitwo said:

Unfortunately another example of the poor reporting of this discovery, completely missing the (admitedly probably less interesting to the general reader) point 

As an author myself....I never "quote" anyone....but for the sake of raising the bar of knowledge in science and literature in general....providing a "material link" about certain selected subject matter and letting the interested reader "decide for themselves" whether it is noteworthy, thought provoking or not....is something worth endorsing in terms of a "discussion" or a "friendly debate", either at the forum level or otherwise.

Klitwo

Hi Klitwo,

To make it clear, my criticism was not aimed at you but at the authors of the msn.com (and independent) articles which missed  the key point of the work it referred to.  ie not that (yet another) QSO with a redshift >6 had been discovered, which is scientifically hardly newsworthy,  but that the conclusion by the authors of the paper is that there may be many more QSO at large redshifts than originally thought, which impacts the theories of galaxy formation in the early universe. If there is a sensible debate/discussion to be had surely this is better done around the original paper not an n'th hand account of it in the non scientific press?

Cheers

Robin

Archived