Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rommie and her retinue

Demonperformer

Despite the problems I had last evening with the finderguider not being even vaguely near focus and the usb3 connection not working, I managed to add 5 galaxies to my challenge.

One pic shows M31, M32 & M110. Fairly standard image at this time of year, but I am quite happy as I have never got the dark lane on this galaxy before and it shows up quite well. So well, in fact, that I was concerned while it was being collected that it was a fault on the chip! However, enlarging the image shows that it is part of the galaxy.

Move 7 degrees north, into Cassiopeia, to find Rommie's other two satellite galaxies (at least the other two that I am going to stand half a chance of capturing) - NGC 185 & 147. 185 is the one just over half way across the image near the top and 147 is the (fainter) one about half way down the image on the left hand side. Could have done with more data, but by this time I was (1) feeling glacial, and (2) fed up with the glacial pace of the usb2 connection.

The first one is 25 minutes of data and the second 40 minutes. Both captured with ZWO183MM and Star71 using the livestack feature on Sharpcap. Straight out of Sharpcap's histogram adjustment with no subsequent processing.

Thanks for looking.

M 31 32 110.png

NGC 147 185.png

I hope you don't mind - I've taken the liberty of playing with your M31.  Even just working with the 8 bit jpg you've captured a lot more than is readily visible in the above image.  I daresay at 16 bit even more can be brought out without getting excessively 'noisy'

Cheers,

Peter.

reworked.jpg

Archived