Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro-photograghy reading material

adamsp123

Hi to all you most excellent astro-photographers.

Apart from the excellent information in this forum could any of you recommend any books about astro-photography especially for a complete beginner to this subject.

I do have some Technical background, I design printed circuit boards so, unlike my mum bless her, I can handle tech stuff but I do need to start at the beginning and thus I need a starters/idiots guide to find my feet and go on up in methods and technical information.

Thanks Pete

TBH I think you've just go to take that part with a pinch of salt, it doesn't affect the rest of the book at all. His low end recommendations are what I would call pretty high end and his high end recommendations are re-mortgage jobs for most people. :D

No wonder Ron Wodaski has high expectation of the equipment people use, $100 :D for the book!

I'm going for a lie down, this "hobby" is going to bankrupt me.

What can I sell.......

I will read as much on this forum as possible first.

Maybe someone should gather all the relevant info, edit it into a book & sell for say £30, split the profit LOL.

pete

Thats one of his earlier book covers a lot of the fundamentals but has a lot of info on film based imaging...his newer books covers DSLR;'s and has a bit on other CCD's and webcams...

I bought Digital SLR astophotography first but due to all his references to the earlier book i decided to buy it as well...

Film, what's that.

I used to spend hours doing my own black and white developing. so much easier now.

I will just have to get Wodaskis' book ... I know!- bro lives in the USofA - my Crimbo pressy!

I'll call him at only 1/2p a min so I can afford that

pete

Archived