Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dual imaging with three ZWO cameras

A320Flyer

I have a ZWO ASI183mm Pro as an imaging camera, guided by  a ZWO ASI120. I’m thinking of buying a third ZWO camera to use for dual imaging. The ZWO Ascom driver allows for two cameras, ASI(1) and ASI(2).

I use MaximDL for image acquisition and guiding. If I start an additional instance of maxim, will I be able to add this third ZWO camera? Does the driver support this? Is anyone else using three ZWO cameras at the same time? If so, how?

Thanks

Bill

I've run 3 instances of Maxim with QSI cameras which works OK because they don't use ASCOM drivers.

I tried running 3 auto focusers but Maxim has a problem whereby even though there are 2 different ASCOM drivers the second instance of Maxim defaulted to the first one opened ignoring the second ASCOM driver.

I did enquire on the Maxim forum and was told to try making separate profiles for each one but haven't got round to trying it as I just focus each one on turn.

Bought SGP which may work but not tried it yet,

Dave

Archived