SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

m45 wide field

Hi everyone

Dusted off the Takumar 135 for this one as I missed the close approach yesterday which I had planned for the 200mm. After much juggling between landscape and portrait, just managed to fit both in frame. Maybe tonight with a 50mm lens...

Thanks for looking, clear skies and happy comet hunting:)

1288827382_46p-2(copy).thumb.jpg.3fd4efe56cf08cbd05477543dcbd1ce4.jpg

On 18/12/2018 at 11:18, happy-kat said:

one stack for stars and the other for the comet?

Hi

Ah, I think I now understand what you mean. If so, I think that would be good for a close up scientifically correct snap but for sheer look-nice factor I think the compromise between the comet and the stars works better. I suppose I could use layers to lift the comet onto a healed star background. As I'd dithered between frames I thought a sigma-clip would remove the stars anyway, but it hasn't:( Anyway, here we are aligned on the comet:

comet-aligned.thumb.jpg.bfeb5c829ed5ccb7ac540132987efd01.jpg

EDT** Mods: May I ask you leave this image for reference? It is in response to a question I was asked in this same thread. Iti s not meant to be a second entry to the competition.

TIA

Archived