NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mesu 200 Arrrives

Laurin Dave

1 hour ago, gorann said:

My Mesu 200 arrived on Thursday and is now sitting on the livingroom table while I have been figuring out how to attach it to the pier, and I have decided to wait until I get some clear nights with moon to replace the EQ8 (so I do not miss prime imagaging time). Today I spent about two hours getting the super-glued central M12 bolt out of the Mesu mounting plate. I will then run a central M12 bolt through the top of the custom made aluminium box I have on my pier top and through the Mesu plate to secure the plate and then further up for attaching the mount. As you also found Dave, that bolt really needed a lot of heat to losen, and also a lot of force. I had to get more and more brutal before I eventually was able to make it turn.

I am also waiting for a Pole Master. I think it will make life easier both for the initial alignment and also to check and correct the alignment as the pier may move slightly due to the freezing and thawing of the ground.

20190110_123316_resized.jpg

20190112_121945_resized.jpg

Excellent news Goran and good luck with your installation, if you hadn't thought about it already I'd carefully measure/mark up your kit before removing it off the EQ-8 so that it goes on the Mesu pretty close to balance.  Looks pretty good on your dining table too!  

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I got fed up with the very nicely turned and knurled Mesu Alt/Az adjusters and replaced them with Stainless nuts. Easy to do micro adjustments with the leverage of a spanner. There is no need to "take the weight" off the nuts to adjust the Dec either. Almost had the skin off my fingertips with the originals.

I used the double greased washers as mention here. That helps a lot.

I will have a look a retrofitting the Dec motor protection bars. That could save a lot of expense?

Graham

AltAznuts.JPG.2f1d61519d33ae4bc4f68114f578f036.JPG

On 30/01/2019 at 13:37, Fellside said:

Hi

I got fed up with the very nicely turned and knurled Mesu Alt/Az adjusters and replaced them with Stainless nuts. Easy to do micro adjustments with the leverage of a spanner. There is no need to "take the weight" off the nuts to adjust the Dec either. Almost had the skin off my fingertips with the originals.

I used the double greased washers as mention here. That helps a lot.

I will have a look a retrofitting the Dec motor protection bars. That could save a lot of expense?

Graham

AltAznuts.JPG.2f1d61519d33ae4bc4f68114f578f036.JPG

Thats a great idea for the altitude adjuster. The standard one is a complete pain in the whatsits!

Archived