Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Failed to connect to Camera

Tom OD

Hi SGL

I have changed my set up to an Eagle 64bit PC for remote imaging. When I install the Core s/w, I m getting the Failed to connect to camera message when I open Artemis.
I m using my 10 year old Atik 11000 camera.
I have no issue with the new EFW3. This is seen by SGP wth the Atik EFW driver selected. It connects and shows different filters when I select them. I cant physically tell though if its working as my set up is remote 1000Km away.
In device manager on the Eagle, I m not seeing the 11meg, but I can turn on and off the USB and Power to the camera.
Should the camera be seen in Device manager even if the incorrect driver is installed, or even if the driver is missing?
Given that my camera is old, do I need an older version  HSC driver in 32 bit.  Is there even a 64bit version for older cameras?

I have already reinstalled the Core s/w.

Thanks Tom.

I take it that you've updated the PC at the remote site ? but you didn't install\test before shipping ?  I don't have an Atik camera, so can only just theorize, but my first thought is that if the Ascom system is working, is there an Ascom driver for the camera ?  it may also be worth trying to install the older USB 1\2 drivers from here https://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/ (and check the trouble shooting guide, at the bottom of the page)

13 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

I take it that you've updated the PC at the remote site ? but you didn't install\test before shipping ?  I don't have an Atik camera, so can only just theorize, but my first thought is that if the Ascom system is working, is there an Ascom driver for the camera ?  it may also be worth trying to install the older USB 1\2 drivers from here https://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/ (and check the trouble shooting guide, at the bottom of the page)

Hi Julian,

Well I had it working on Artemis s/w, which is the native software for the camera last week. I m not sure what happened in the meantime. I do think I should roll back to the older drivers too just as a precaution. I m currently talking to the sit eowner to see if a cable is just not connected.

Tom.

Archived