Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IDAS filter dilemma?

ebdons

Hi, looking to upgrade my LP filters I have astronomic CLS-ccd, UHC etc, and they are good, but looking at the specs from the latest IDAS filters they seem to cross over each other,P1, P2 or D1 D2 V4? I only want 1 filter for both cams? I,m leaning towards the the D2 specs filter as I have a Qhy10 OSC and a 825 mono which I would be using as well, any advice as to the best alrounder for me. I will be using F4 newt and 80mm EDT with both of them. Tony

I use the IDAS D2 with my Atik Horizon OSC on Hyperstar. Works really well,  but Hyperstar is so 'fast' it helps cut through light pollution so the filter does have a head start. By contrast my Astronomiks CLS  seemed to  darken everything. 

Hio thx for the quick replies, I have sodium and led lights near me, so was looking at a filter that ticked all the boxes, and could be used with OSC and a sx825 mono? I just want an improvement on the astronomic uhc and cls, which are good but like most of us we always want that bit more out of our gear?

Archived