Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGP autimation problem

john2y

Hey guys,

I'm using SGP for shooting and I shoot from the balcony at home. My field of view towards east is around 20-45 degrees which gives me approximately 2 hours per target. I like to automate things and usually I just setup up a sequence according to Stellarium to run multiple targets, set the command to park the telescope after last target and go to sleep. Best thing is when I wake up and see the telescope nicely parked. Problem is that often the mount is stuck into itself. This happens because I count how many exposures I can do before slewing to next target and I can't account for some passing clouds so when I lost my guide star for example for 20 minutes, my recovery then tries to do a plate solve and if it's successful it continues the sequence but the pause caused by it means that the target gets out of the fov and SGP acts like if would be cloud so it tries to do a plate solve every 5 minutes for next 90 minutes and then ends the sequence while the mount is still "tracking" the target till it gets stuck. 

My question is, is there some way of setting the SGP in a way that when the mount hits a certain angle it would automatically move to another target? 

Thanks 

Jan

Hi Jan,

I use SGP, but for that question I suggest you ask if on the SGP forum.

I see the same behaviour, but one thing that comes to mind is that you could set "Time Constraints" for the Target Settings, that would tell the system to go to the next target when the current targets' end time has been reached. Building in some contingency time for centring, focus etc. would probably do what you want... 

On 12/11/2018 at 14:09, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Hi Jan,

I use SGP, but for that question I suggest you ask if on the SGP forum.

I see the same behaviour, but one thing that comes to mind is that you could set "Time Constraints" for the Target Settings, that would tell the system to go to the next target when the current targets' end time has been reached. Building in some contingency time for centring, focus etc. would probably do what you want... 

Thank you! With all the setting the SGP has I must have over looked it ? 

Archived