Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr region with butterfly

TareqPhoto

This is my another attempt learning or practicing with my NB filters, and only Ha is most used for me, I wanted to see how far I can go in my red zone LP yard, I am really happy to see that I can really capture nebula after all, I thought since last year that it will be impossible even with NB filters in red/white zones, good I was wrong.

Still not a great result as usual, all practices I did this year is only to test the filters and see what are there in sky in LP, and I know it has so many issues, but just enjoy my effort, I am new to DSO anyway and I am happy I can get something, later I will do better for sure.

Short exposures and few frames, maybe 10 or less.

Target3_Ha-19-04-2018-integer.jpg

I live in a VERY LP location, and some targets will image just fine but others not.

It's normally the brighter targets that work well, and yes narrowband will also work with the brighter targets, I still struggle with the less bright targets even in narrowband.

Carole 

23 minutes ago, carastro said:

I live in a VERY LP location, and some targets will image just fine but others not.

It's normally the brighter targets that work well, and yes narrowband will also work with the brighter targets, I still struggle with the less bright targets even in narrowband.

Carole 

Thank you very much Carole.

Now the question is, where I can find that list or table or whatever that can determine each target brightness or faintness? I want to give it a try, I still don't know which target is bright beside something like Orion or Pleiades and such, it will be like fun or challenge for me to try doing difficult faint targets sometimes too and see if my sky is able to show them or not.

I struggle with the same thing Tareq, and normally only find out which ones will work and which ones won't by trying them.  Lol.

Targets I found would work from a LP location:

Horsehead works well and of course Orion Nebula, as does Rosette Nebula, Tadpoles in narrowband, Heart and Soul, but are they too far North for you?  North America Nebula, Veil nebula both are fine, Crab Nebula, Dumbbell nebula,  Pacman worked in Ha but not Oiii.  M45

One which I found need a dark location: 

M51,  Iris Nebula, Wizard nebula, Cocoon Nebula,  M101,  M78

There are some targets I have never tried from a LP location so I don;t know about them.

HTH

Carole 

Archived