Eastern Veil Nebula

Dave Moulton

Easter Veil Nebula

Captured over several nights

Camera & Scope…. SXV-H9 & WO Megrez 110 Doublet

Guiding …………. Meade 10” SCT +DSI + PHD Guide

Mount…………….. Skywatcher EQ6 Pro Running EQMOD

Ooh it were chilly outside, me mirrors were frozen , me fingers were frozen and me erm fingers were frozen.

Dave

post-14400-133877349049_thumb.jpg

COR You guys are on the ball I only just posted this.

Cheers for the comments,

I was hoping to get a bit more done tonight but clouds are still coming in in dribs and drabs,

Oh and it's warm inside, only just stopped jangling when I walk

dave

Cracking image Marvo...

I have just started 20x300s @ iso 800 with the modded 350D on the whole Veil Complex with the WO Megrez72 FF III Combo...

Hopefully the first of 4 targets getting 2 hours each tonight.

Billy...

Good luck with that Billy. I have been following your posts with interest ,you do some superb work my man. Cheers,

Dave

You know whenever I Tried to do more than one object in a session I've always failed to get a decent result, but then from my Obsy I have a limited view anyway. I tried but could not get her indoors to agree me plonking a dirty great shed on the pristine new patio for some reason

Good luck tonight Billy

Oh I should add that i am zeroed in on the witches broom at the moment (topical eh!) but the clouds have rolled in big time

Dave

Hi Dave

When I'm having A tourist mode night It's One Nebula target every 80 minutes everythings planned in advance I have usually got the RA/DEC of the center of the FOV and the roatation of the camera all planned in advance and the order in which I am going to do the targets.

At the moment I'm just revisiting targets I took earlier in the year with the Equinox-66 FF III combo with the new setup - and of course I now have the modded 350D or the Ha Hoover as its been Christened as well.

I like to post the roughs as they come in because I think its nice for people to see what data has been used to create a finished image - if there ever is such a thing...

Hope the skies clear for you soon...

Billy...

Lovely shot Dave, nice filaments in there.

Cheers Dave. It still has issues as all my images seem to have but this one is probsbly the best I have managed to get so far using the SXV-H9

Cheers, Dave

We're always our own worst critics, it's knowing when to stop messing with an image and saying 'That's it, that's a finished product' and walking away from it. I suffer from the same affliction by the way! :-)

Archived