Pacman in differnt filters

tooth_dr

I'm still trying to learn the ropes with mono imaging, and I often feel like I start out ok with processing, then it all starts to look overworked.

Here are a selection of images that I've taken with filters.  There is some nice dust in the Lum image which I initially thought was just an artefact.

Hope you like:

Pacman_LUM.jpg

Pacman_O3.jpg

Pacman_S2.jpg

Pacman_HA.jpg

Pacman_RBG.jpg

Pacman_HUBBLE.jpg

Hi Adam,

I really like the SHO image - in fact I like 'em both!

One thing that I have started doing with my mono images is to identify a bit of what I think should be background space and then set that level equal in each of the L, Ha, OIII and SII frames. I've used LinearFit in PI and/or Levels in PS. I don't whether it is the right thing to do or not really.

If I'm producing an 'rgb' image I set the background to 23:23:23 but I'm not sure what you should set the background to if it is HOO or SHO.

Adrian

now thats a lovely set of images Alan :thumbright: a famous wise man told me to set my black point to 23 so thats what i do now it was quite a while ago and his name is Olly 

just 1 of the many tips i have had over the years

Archived