Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sh2-115 + 116 First light with Esprit 100 and a warning

gorann

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Now I am left with the prolem of deciding which rotation is the best. It really looks different in each of the 90° rotations I have tried out.

I am an absolute fan for the portrait version with it's landscape like connotations I mentioned earlier (the Moon etc.) ?

Again, great work!

David

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, David_L said:

I am an absolute fan for the portrait version with it's landscape like connotations I mentioned earlier (the Moon etc.) ?

Again, great work!

David

Dave, you got me inspired to try a 180° rotation to get the "moon" up. Also darkened it all a bit.

_20181014_Sh2_115_E150ASI071RGB_PS63smallSign.jpg

Fantastic! The glow from the star is superb Göran, great control on the background as well with noise at an impressive minimum.

Note to other readers: really worth clicking on this to open it in a new window to get the full affect - the border Göran applied really sets off the picture.

This really is one of the very few images I've seen where I appreciate the stronger reds throughout - excellent mood and atmosphere to it with the blue as well.

Such an unusual subject and composition - love it!

David

2 minutes ago, David_L said:

Fantastic! The glow from the star is superb Göran, great control on the background as well with noise at an impressive minimum.

Note to other readers: really worth clicking on this to open it in a new window to get the full affect - the border Göran applied really sets off the picture.

This really is one of the very few images I've seen where I appreciate the stronger reds throughout - excellent mood and atmosphere to it with the blue as well.

Such an unusual subject and composition - love it!

David

That was probably the nicest comment I ever got on any of my images Dave!

1 minute ago, gorann said:

That was probably the nicest comment I ever got on any of my images Dave!

You're very welcome Göran - well deserved - I was really inspired by your work so it was quite easy to articulate ? 

David

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2018 at 10:24, Wiu-Wiu said:

Great shot and processing! How does your mono camera compare with your OSC? I am currently going back and forth between these very same camera’s to replace my dslr. 

If I only could have one of them I would go for the OSC, and that was also the first one I bought. ASI 071 has really low noise, at least when I compare it to the Canon 60D cameras I started with (and they are quite low in noise for being DSLRs), but probably also compared to many other cooled OSCs. I have also used the ASI 071 for Ha imaging and it works quite well for that (example attached). And it has a larger chip than the ASI 1600MM. If there was a mono version of the ASI 071 the choice would have been more difficult and I would probably have gone for the mono to get more options, but on the other hand getting all the colour channels in one shot is really nice particularly if clouds roll in just as you are going to grab the last colour.

20180923_Heart_of_Heart_Panel1+2 mosaicPS11.jpg

Excellent! This convinces me to go for the 071 then. I was hesitant because of detail, but I don't have a fixed setup and processing multiple channels might be too big of a stretch (pun intended) for me. 

I might use the budget of a filter wheel for one of those dual narrowband filters then, and save myself some sorrow :)

Thanks a million!

1 hour ago, Wiu-Wiu said:

Excellent! This convinces me to go for the 071 then. I was hesitant because of detail, but I don't have a fixed setup and processing multiple channels might be too big of a stretch (pun intended) for me. 

I might use the budget of a filter wheel for one of those dual narrowband filters then, and save myself some sorrow :)

Thanks a million!

Good luck with the ASI 071 and please let us on SGL know how the dual filters perform.

Archived