Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron AVX

wookie1965

I have a Skywatcher EQ5 mount but I know from quite a few people that the AVX mount is super accurate.

There is only one thing letting it down as I use long fracs I have a extension so the scope does not catch the tripod legs

Has anyone made one or know of a way to make for a AVX mount please.

Are you dead set on an Avx? Why not consider the skywatcher heq5 pro as an extension tube is already made for it. The heq5 also has a slightly higher payload and can be upgraded with a belt mod for even more accurate tracking. Flo even sell it prefitted if you want it from the off

If you go down the AVX route, I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to get an extension fabricated. I purchased a 150 x  5000 length of aluminium tube for a telescope pier off the internet for £60, so im sure the size and length you want for an extension shouldn't cost that much, and a local engineering company could make it up for you.

John

40 minutes ago, johngm said:

If you go down the AVX route, I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to get an extension fabricated. I purchased a 150 x  5000 length of aluminium tube for a telescope pier off the internet for £60, so im sure the size and length you want for an extension shouldn't cost that much, and a local engineering company could make it up for you.

John

I will have a look into that thanks.

Archived