Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHYCFW2-S and Baader 1.25" LRGB Filters -anyone using this combo?

RichLD

I'm trying to determine if Baader mounted 1.25" filters fit in the QHYCFW2-S - I believe there is a 6 position carousel that holds these filters (the MA site says 1.25" unmounted but I think this is a typo), can anyone confirm that the Baaders fit and that they aren't too tall/thick? I can't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere!

Many thanks in advance

Rich

I believe you are correct and I did quite fancy the same wheel, however, it's just been superceeded by the CFW3 which is substantially cheaper and takes the required 7 1.25" mounted filters, it was listed on Modern Astronomy briefly and then removed.  

I concede its uglier, but its newer, cheaper and better from the few accounts I've seen.

http://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=137&id=34

On 18/10/2018 at 23:28, John78 said:

I believe you are correct and I did quite fancy the same wheel, however, it's just been superceeded by the CFW3 which is substantially cheaper and takes the required 7 1.25" mounted filters, it was listed on Modern Astronomy briefly and then removed.  

I concede its uglier, but its newer, cheaper and better from the few accounts I've seen.

http://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=137&id=34

Thanks John!

A thing to note that I didnt realise until earlier when looking at cn, is the thin version of the QHY wheels only take filters that are 5.5mm and smaller in height excluding the threads, my and therefore your baaders are 6mm - so they wont fit without surgery which means you'll need the standard 20mm wheel to get them in unmolested, the 20mm wheel shouldn't cause a back-focus problem with a QHY camera however.

Archived